Filling rentals during the holiday season can be challenging, as many people are focused on spending time with their families and may not be thinking about moving. However, there are a few steps you can take to increase your chances of finding a tenant during this time of year:
- Offer incentives: Consider offering incentives to potential tenants, such as a discounted rent rate or a move-in special. This can make your rental property more attractive and help you stand out from the competition.
- Be flexible with move-in dates: Some potential tenants may be hesitant to move during the holiday season but may be willing to move in early January. Consider being flexible with your move-in dates and allowing tenants to move in at a time that is convenient for them.
- Utilize online marketing: Many people are busy during the holiday season, but they may still be looking for rental properties online. Make sure your rental property is listed on popular websites and take advantage of social media to market your property and reach potential tenants.
- Host an open house: Hosting an open house is a great way to showcase your rental property and allow potential tenants to see it in person. Consider hosting an open house during a time when people may be off work, such as on a weekend or during the evening.
- Be proactive in your search: Don’t wait for potential tenants to come to you – be proactive in your search for a tenant. Reach out to people who have shown interest in your property in the past, and consider advertising your rental in local newspapers or on community bulletin boards.
Overall, the key to filling empty rentals during the holiday season is to be flexible and proactive in your search for a tenant. By offering incentives, being flexible with move-in dates, utilizing online marketing, hosting open houses, and being proactive in your search, you can increase your chances of finding a tenant during this busy time of year.